Hi guys,
Are there any alternatives to the xbox chatpad in the Pocket BASIC Computer e.g. one that interfaces with the arduino's RX pin without being programmed manually?
Thanks
Usama
Hi guys,
Are there any alternatives to the xbox chatpad in the Pocket BASIC Computer e.g. one that interfaces with the arduino's RX pin without being programmed manually?
Thanks
Usama
Thanks Rhyse, but I was looking at keyboards which use serial...
No problem! I was looking dor one for a long time to. Glad I could help.
You could use a tiny PS/2 keyboard and use a serial converter or use this portable one from ebay: Stowaway Portable Keyboard Designed by Think Outside RS232 Direct P N ES17000 | eBay
Ps/2 keyboards are big.He meant a pocket computer and only require small ones(unless willing to comprmise on the size). If used with RPI there are many options. If you can't find one, best thing is to laser cut the keys and use a switch(which will require programming).
You could also use only the pcb of a ps/2 keyboard and make a small matrix with small tactile switches (just only for the keys you need) . its just a lot of work to figure out the connections on the keyboards pcb.
..going further: you could add a ps/2 connector on the outside of your Pocket computer and use your pocket computer as keyboard of a regular PC. like Dual-typing in both units at the same time...--> this way you could simultaniously write BASIC code, and "record" it on your pc.
I think that a chatpad is probably the only option unless you multiplex some tact switches and make your own.
couldn't you get an RPI mini keyboard and mod it? it already has the physical buttons in a matrix, you'd just need to exchange the USB controller for a serial one, assuming that the keyboard layout matrices are the same (I'd imagine they're pretty universal but I might be wrong)