While many industrial systems rely on wired networks, there is a growing number of smart, interconnected devices, such as warehouse robots or shipment trackers, for which a tethered solution is of no use.
Antennas are the backbone of any wireless solution, and careful component selection and board design are critical to ensuring antenna performance is not compromised.
This webinar will provide an in-depth analysis of antenna technology, addressing the important factors to consider when choosing a solution, as well as tips on understanding datasheets.
Hosted by Martin Keenan, Technical Director at Avnet Abacus, with a 40-minute presentation from Christian Koehler, Senior Product Manager, Antennas at TE Connectivity, this webinar will explore:
- Key design challenges that affect antenna selection
- Link budget & required RF performance
- Antenna efficiency
- Antenna type selection & placement
- Physical constraints
- Wireless application examples:
- Remote monitoring
- Asset trackers
- Understanding antenna specifications
- Antenna design and optimisation with TE connectivity