In this panel discussion of industry experts from top suppliers, we will dive into benefits of FPGA technology, how to begin the journey as an FPGA developer/engineer, identifying the training resources available to learn about FPGA product design, and when FPGA technology needs to be considered in new product designs.
The panel discussion will conclude with an overview and tips on FPGA development environments, programming, design tools, and the development process. There will be an audience Q&A at the end of the panel discussion.
Questions the Expert Panel Will Discuss:
- New Users
- How did you (the panelist) get started with FPGAs?
- How did your FPGA journey begin?
- How are FPGA suppliers enabling new users?
- What's the best way to begin developing with FPGAs?
- What kinds of training resources are available for new users?
- What resources do you have for expert level users or product developers or designers?
- Using FPGAs Why do you think that FPGA technology needs to be considered in new product designs?
- When do you need to build hardware based on an FPGA and when not to?
- When should you select an FPGA instead of an ASIC, MPU or GPU?
- Programming FPGAs
- What are the different ways to program an FPGA or FPGA-based SoC?
- What's the best way to begin?
- Does a new FPGA engineer need to master a HDL or is there an easier way?
- Design Tools
- What changes in development tools do you think is helping to enable new users?