In this panel discussion of industry experts from top suppliers, we will level-up our FPGA technology skills by continuing the journey as an FPGA developer/engineer and considering future FPGA technology needs and design tool trends that should be considered in new product designs.
The panel discussion will conclude with a demo of each panelists favorite FPGA development board. There will be an audience Q&A at the end of the panel discussion.
Questions the Expert Panel Will Discuss:
- Questions from Our Element14 Community Events
- Our host will pose a series of questions directly from Element14 community members that were brought up in other Summer of FPGA events
- Future of Design Tools
- Can designers program FPGAs using schematic capture today or in the future?
- Is there possibility of a universal tool for FPGA development emerging that is supported across all vendors?
- Do you foresee public FPGA designs that do not use VHDL or Verilog?
- Future of FPGA Devices
- Do you think there will be a technology migration to increase some additional programmable 'FPGA' around dedicated MCU to create flexible and powerful devices?
- Are there any plans to release any pre-soldered device modules?
- How can FPGA devices help designers build some additional flexibility to navigate any uncertainty the whole industry is facing around the Arm acquisition?
- FPGA Development Board Demos
- Our panelists each will share a quick demo of their favorite FPGA Development Board.
- Getting Started with FPGAs: an Expert Panel Discussion
- Building Processor Based Systems on Lattice FPGAs Using Propel
- Intro to Smart Embedded Vision (SEV) Using a PolarFire® FPGA
- Xilinx Vivado and Vitis Workshop with the Avnet Ultra96-V2
- Arty-S7 Workshop: Part 1: Learn about Xilinx FPGAs and Embedded Processing