Between 2009 and 2011 alone, reports of counterfeit parts in the electronics supply chain have quadrupled and these parts are infiltrating even the most secure supply chains. This year to date, the Anti Counterfeiting Forum website has received an average of 30 new reports of alleged counterfeit components per week.
As elsewhere, counterfeit electronic components are a growing threat in the UK but advice and guidance are at hand. Following the success of its previous events, ESCO, formerly the UK Electronics Alliance, is organising a further seminar to be held at BIS Conference Centre in London.
This seminar will provide an update of the work being undertaken by various groups to combat this threat from many of the UK’s leading experts. Delegates new to this issue will get a greater insight into the problem and how to access current information and support to reduce the risk to their businesses.
The seminar is scheduled to run from 10.00am to 4.00pm with breaks for refreshments and a buffet lunch and will include presentations providing information on:
- Work being undertaken by component manufacturers and distributors to combat counterfeits
- International standards for the electronics industry that have been introduced and that are in the pipeline to enable a common approach to the problem and the implications of those international standards for the supply chain
- Easily implementable best practice to help reduce the risk of counterfeits infiltrating your business
- How law enforcement and direct action against counterfeiters can help reduce the threat of counterfeits in the supply chain
- Recent major trends in counterfeiting and counterfeit avoidance and an overview of how to access further information, much of it free of charge.
There will be plenty of opportunity for delegates to raise questions, participate in a discussion forum and interact with our speakers during the day.
For a copy of the draft agenda or for any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our library at http://www.ukelectronicsalliance.org.uk/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,97/Itemid,9/
Attendance is by prior registration. To book a place at the seminar online, please go to https://www.regonline.co.uk/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1376977