Introducing CadSoft Eagle V7.5! CadSoft Computer had launched the latest version of its popular EAGLE software. For over 25 years, CadSoft EAGLE has been helping thousands of electronic design engineers and developers worldwide innovate. The powerful PCB design software offers the same core functionality as expensive commercial software at the fraction of the cost. Learn why EAGLE is one of the most popular PCB Design solutions:
- Easy-of-use 3 modules share a common user interface, undo/redo functions for numerous commands
- Technical support by dedicated experts included with the price of the software
- Compatibility with Windows®, Linux® and Mac®
- Over 50,000 component libraries and datasheets
- Data export for 3D visualization, simulation and board production
- Fully integrated with element14 design community providing insight into the latest technologies and design elements, tools and prototyping services.
In part 1, Jorge will cover the theory behind the compressor pedal he is making. The analysis will cover feedforward vs feedback operation and how this particular application benefits from feedforward control. Compressors are very interesting circuits common in audio applications where they are used to shape the dynamic range(read loudness) of the input signal. The effect is subtle usually being felt instead of heard, but almost all music recorded today has some amount of compression applied to it.
We will be using PCBSim to validate the design and observe the difference between the two forms of operation and explain why feedforward is chosen for this application.
Join CadSoft's Jorge Garcia as he the design of his DIY compressor pedal
April 14, 2016 2:00PM EST