Each month, we're going to shine a light on a kit or accessory that you can use to enhance your micro:bit projects. This month our featured product is the Kitronik Inventor's Kit, available for purchase now from Farnell element14.
What is it?
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit is the perfect way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the micro:bit. This affordable package includes a variety of experiments, designed to familiarise the user with the many features and functionality of the micro:bit itself.
The kit contains all the items you'll need to complete ten simple experiments, plus an easy-to-follow tutorial book to guide the user through the programming process. Projects include dimming an LED using a potentiometer, using a transistor to drive a motor, using analogue inputs with an LDR and much more.
No previous experience is required to get started with the Kitronik Inventor's Kit, making it ideal for introducing new students to the fundamentals of programming and creating circuits. There's no soldering required - all you need is a micro:bit, a couple of screwdrivers and a micro USB cable to set up a any of the featured experiments in a matter of minutes.
- No soldering required - build your first circuit in minutes!
- Step-by-step tutorial book guides the user through 10 simple experiments
- All parts required to conduct the 10 experiments are included
- Specially designed Edge Connector Board breaks out 21 accessible pins from the micro:bit
- Small Prototype Breadboard included for fast prototyping
- 1 x Mounting Plate.
- 1 x Potentiometer & Finger Adjust Spindle.
- 2 x Plastic Spacer 10mm.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer for Battery Pack.
- 1 xSmall Prototype Breadboard.
- 1 xTerminal Connector.
- 4 xPush Switch.
- 1 xMotor.
- 1 xTransistor.
- 2 xRed 5mm LED.
- 2 xOrange 5mm LED.
- 2 xYellow 5mm LED.
- 2 xGreen 5mm LED.
- 1 xRGB 5mm LED.
- 1 xFan Blade.
- 5 x2.2KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x10KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x47Ω Resistor.
- 1 xEdge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit.
- 1 xMiniature LDR.
- 10 xMale to Male Jumper Wires.
- 10 xMale to Female Jumper Wires.
- 1 x470uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 xPiezo Element Buzzer.
- 4 xPan Head M3 Machine Screw.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Phillips Screwdriver.
- 1 x Terminal Block Screwdriver.
- 1 x Micro USB Cable.
The good folks at Kitronik have also come up with a range of additional micro:bit resources to make getting started with the Inventor's Kit even easier.
- Kitronik Inventor's Kit Experiments - Further Help
- The Complete Parent's Guide to the BBC micro:bit (PDF)
- Five Minute micro:bit guide
- Kitronik's micro:bit University
Road Test Reviews
Have you used the Kitronik Inventor's Kit at home or in the classroom? Share your thoughts on this month's featured accessory in the comments section below...