The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
I would have an interest in such a discussion. I still build with them and have since the 70s. Still have handfuls of them to play with. Have made several dev. boards also.(I realize this is a very old post)
I would have an interest in such a discussion. I still build with them and have since the 70s. Still have handfuls of them to play with. Have made several dev. boards also.(I realize this is a very old post)
Sorry for the belated response.
Please do share what you have done!
That's fantastic!
I found the Z80 to be an absolutely perfect tuition aid as you didn't need a computer to build a computer.
(However a PROM programmer comes in quite handy!)
The most simple Z80 configuration doesn't require any external memory and can blink LEDS and can also run as a pausable and resettable binary counter.