element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum What is your favorite electronics or software book?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 21 replies
  • Subscribers 632 subscribers
  • Views 2688 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • favorite book
  • favorite magazine
Related

What is your favorite electronics or software book?

dougw
dougw over 5 years ago

In the age of the internet books seem to be much less travelled.

Do books still play a major role in your technical endeavors?

Or do you just keep some around for sentimental reasons?

What book has been the most useful to you in your career?

Does this coincide with your favorite tech book?

Feel free to mention your favorite technical magazine as well.

I read a lot of tech magazines every week but really liked "Electronics" magazine in it heyday.

I wonder if I still have some squirreled away somewhere.

I expect I still have some Amiga magazines.

 

I forgot to mark this as a question - is there a way to change it to a question?

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • genebren
    genebren over 5 years ago

    Doug,

     

    I find that I am buying fewer and fewer books these days.  Prior to the explosion of internet tutorials and examples, a good book was the best way for me to learn new skills.  Some of my favorite books (that I still reference) are:

     

    The Art of Electronics by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill

    Beginning Visual C++ 2008 by Ivor Horton

    USB Complete by Jan Axelson

     

    I was a follower of CIrcuit Cellar Magazine for many years. (I have several years worth of these on bye shelves)

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • genebren
    genebren over 5 years ago

    Doug,

     

    I find that I am buying fewer and fewer books these days.  Prior to the explosion of internet tutorials and examples, a good book was the best way for me to learn new skills.  Some of my favorite books (that I still reference) are:

     

    The Art of Electronics by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill

    Beginning Visual C++ 2008 by Ivor Horton

    USB Complete by Jan Axelson

     

    I was a follower of CIrcuit Cellar Magazine for many years. (I have several years worth of these on bye shelves)

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • beacon_dave
    beacon_dave over 5 years ago in reply to genebren
    "...USB Complete by Jan Axelson..."

     

     

    I've got a copy of 'Serial Port Complete' by Jan Axelson. I guess I'm a bit behind... image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube