During every Zoom meeting phrases like this seem to pop up at least once "Sorry, I was on mute" or "can you repeat the question, the audio was cutting out?"
But what is going on in the background?
People often pop into my office to tell me something or discuss something while I am "muted' on a conference call, and I have to listen to each conversation with one ear and respond appropriately when somebody on the call asks me something.....
My "one-track" mind has a problem with this, so I am looking for new excuses for inattention. Anybody have any good ones?
"Errr....I've just seen an Imperial Stormtrooper walk past my house !"
Whilst not on a call I have actually seen that as well, plus a giant dinosaur on another occasion: first seemed to be on the way to the bus stop and coincided with a national Comicon event, the other looked like they were in training for a marathon.
That one could back-fire however as you may end up being mistaken for just being drunk... especially if you say you have just seen a herd of 'pink elephants'...
I used to have a neighbour that held some Comicon style parties. Used to see all sorts of strange characters in the street when returning from the 'local watering hole'.
(Either that or the beer was a lot stronger than usual...)
That one could back-fire however as you may end up being mistaken for just being drunk... especially if you say you have just seen a herd of 'pink elephants'...
I used to have a neighbour that held some Comicon style parties. Used to see all sorts of strange characters in the street when returning from the 'local watering hole'.
(Either that or the beer was a lot stronger than usual...)