element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Another New member..YAAHHH!!!
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 16 replies
  • Subscribers 635 subscribers
  • Views 1226 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • new_member_introduction
Related

Another New member..YAAHHH!!!

xgen69
xgen69 over 10 years ago

Hey EVERYONE!!,

I am on a new quest this year to explore, learn, and develop with the Arduino platform and components. I have already seen a few tutorials by Jeremy Blum on YouTube and know that the Arduino can be used to create light shows. This is my main quest! To create an awesome Christmas Light Show as well as learn other possibilities that I might just use around the house here. I am experienced in computers and have an intermediate understanding with programming(MS Visual Studio - last used in 2005). My problem will most likely be learning the electrical side of Arduino and how to put it all together. I hope I can really learn a lot and create this by November. Working full-time like we all do, it can be difficult to manage. I look forward to making the best effort and learning and collaborating with perhaps some of you on issues and concerns. Thanks for listening! Let's have a great year!


David

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • balearicdynamics
    balearicdynamics over 10 years ago in reply to kas.lewis

    And you too can't be Kas image

     

    You are welcome @David Lawrence ! You'll have fun for sure here. We are expecting your Arduino ideas image

     

    Enrico

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • kas.lewis
    kas.lewis over 10 years ago

    Hey,

     

    I didn't want Robert Peter Oakes to be the last to welcome you so I am adding my name at the bottom of the list here image. Welcome to E14 and I hope you enjoy and learn from all the VERY knowledgeable people here and aal the wonderful and informative blogs.

     

    Kas

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Robert Peter Oakes
    Robert Peter Oakes over 10 years ago

    Im a little slow to the Hello but not too late image

     

    Welcome, you should have a fun time and were all glad to see new members putting them selves up to be seen, the first step in a great community

     

    Peter

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • xgen69
    xgen69 over 10 years ago in reply to mudz

    Hey mudz, Thank you!

    I am actually going to start a blog post once I dive into the project. Right now I am reading and watching some videos, sort of hyping myself up for the purchase of the system that is right for my project. I want to learn as much as possible about the system and ins and outs of the "shields" and other options before buying the board and then begin programming. I can't wait to get into the thick of the project but, I don't want to make the wrong choice of anything.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • xgen69
    xgen69 over 10 years ago in reply to jack.chaney56

    Thanks Jack! I understand it is truly amazing as to what can be done with this system. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • xgen69
    xgen69 over 10 years ago in reply to jw0752

    Actually, I came across his YouTube tutorials and that is how I turned up here. I am just getting into Arduino so, I am reading and watching videos right now before diving into it hard.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • xgen69
    xgen69 over 10 years ago in reply to nlarson

    Thank you Nicole! Looking forward to this experience and I will create a blog once I actually begin diving into the project. Thanks for the support!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • xgen69
    xgen69 over 10 years ago in reply to DAB

    Thank you, DAB! I am looking forward to this endeavor and the rewards. I haven't started quite yet but, I'm actually taking time to read and familiarize myself prior to diving in hard.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • scitechindian
    scitechindian over 10 years ago

    Hi David,

    Welcome to the community !

    This is  best place to explore, learn, and share

    you can find good people who will help you through out the journey image

    enjoy the community !


    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • clem57
    clem57 over 10 years ago

    The best place to explore, learn, and have a blast!image Welcome to Element 14...

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
>
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube