I am working on N64 portable right now, and like Ben Heck, I am having problems. I rewired the cartridge slot, and it worked great. Then I started to wire the batteries to the N64, and I had problems. On many N64 portables on Instrucatables, they use a Texas Instruments WAS PTH12050 chip, to bump the 7.4 - 12 volts from the batteries to 3.3 for the N64, (because the N64 needs 3.3 volts and 7.4-12 volts). I am using 4 18650 batteries, in parallel and series. So around 7.4 volts with double the amps. It ended up being about 8.4 volts, but when I wired it to the power converter, the output, instead of being 3 volts was 0.5 volts. (This does include the 100 uF capacitor and the 2k resistor that the pages required). This did not work, so then I tried to wire the batteries directly to the board, and 3 volts from another source. This still did not work, but the indicator light was on. I did make sure that the N64 worked with the usual connector, and it worked off the wall. Any tips? I have been stumped on this for a few weeks. I included the wire diagram I used, the circuit I wired, and the link to the page. Any help would be useful.

