element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum I am looking for some help
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • State Suggested Answer
  • Replies 12 replies
  • Answers 5 answers
  • Subscribers 632 subscribers
  • Views 2160 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

I am looking for some help

jlusco
jlusco over 8 years ago

I am newer to DIY electronics and I am working on a project. I have a project that I am building and I am stuck on this one part. I have an Adafruit Mono 2.5W Class D Audio Amplifier - PAM8302 and I want to bring teh Speaker out to another board that will have a Speaker and headphone jack on it. I want to wire it so when the headphones are plugged in the speaker is off and the sound comes through the headphones but when unplugged the sound comes out the speaker. Below is a basic mock up of what I want and I am just stuck on how to accomplish it.

I have tried to Google the answer but have had no luck. Orange dots are the thru hole solder points for each component any help will be appreciated.

 

 

MockUp

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • genebren
    0 genebren over 8 years ago

    Jacob,

     

    The connections are really quite simple.  The diagram below is how it should work.  Keep in mind that the pin-out on the headphone jack will need to match the part that you are using.

     

    image

    Good luck,

    Gene

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Verify Answer
    • Reject Answer
    • Cancel
Reply
  • genebren
    0 genebren over 8 years ago

    Jacob,

     

    The connections are really quite simple.  The diagram below is how it should work.  Keep in mind that the pin-out on the headphone jack will need to match the part that you are using.

     

    image

    Good luck,

    Gene

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Verify Answer
    • Reject Answer
    • Cancel
Children
  • jlusco
    0 jlusco over 8 years ago in reply to genebren

    So can this audio amp be connected to the Raspberry Pi Zero without using the GPIO. Can I solder the Vin, GND, A+, and A- to the USB Test Pads and use it to get sound?

     

    Adafruit Mono 2.5W Class D Audio Amplifier - PAM8302

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Verify Answer
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube