element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Element 14?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • State Suggested Answer
  • Replies 8 replies
  • Answers 1 answer
  • Subscribers 634 subscribers
  • Views 1430 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Element 14?

dtozer
dtozer over 11 years ago

I am new to Element 14, senior in years, engineering qualification(s), business development, corporate management.

I get lost in to much information like what you have to offer.

I find most websites are over powering visually.

"That looks interesting, then get lost in the original search".

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • clem57
    0 clem57 over 11 years ago

    It afflicts us all. I use paper and pencil to keep me on course, otherwise off I go. Recommend find the one most interesting place and join just that group. Also periodically look at the following and unfollow things...

    Clem

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Verify Answer
    • Cancel
  • dtozer
    0 dtozer over 11 years ago in reply to clem57

    Yes, I know what you mean, pencil and paper, nothing like it, never will be.

    Batteries, computers, fuses and generally speaking all electronics die at sometime or another.

    Never seen a battery powered pencil!

     

    One IT consulting contract I almost lost two weeks data collection, banking industry, fortunately the work was back-up over night on server.

    I only lost/misplaced one day of work.

    I had kept written brief notes so the time lost was minimal and yet still billable, no loss of revenue.

    From that day, some 15 years ago I have never trusted computers, they fail!

     

    Super Dave!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Verify Answer
    • Cancel
Reply
  • dtozer
    0 dtozer over 11 years ago in reply to clem57

    Yes, I know what you mean, pencil and paper, nothing like it, never will be.

    Batteries, computers, fuses and generally speaking all electronics die at sometime or another.

    Never seen a battery powered pencil!

     

    One IT consulting contract I almost lost two weeks data collection, banking industry, fortunately the work was back-up over night on server.

    I only lost/misplaced one day of work.

    I had kept written brief notes so the time lost was minimal and yet still billable, no loss of revenue.

    From that day, some 15 years ago I have never trusted computers, they fail!

     

    Super Dave!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Verify Answer
    • Cancel
Children
  • jw0752
    0 jw0752 over 11 years ago in reply to dtozer

    I'm not sure the three of us should congregate in one place. The young guys might catch us and make us join the Old Farts Group.

    John

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Verify Answer
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube