Wire nuts are pretty handy for holding wires together.
What else can they be used for ?

Wire nuts are pretty handy for holding wires together.
What else can they be used for ?

I wonder if they could be used as a pencil lead sharpener : )
Wire nuts are as rare as 4-leafed clovers in the UK. I've only seen them once, when Amazon supplied a couple within a box of parts to connect a Ring doorbell. I binned them, because I had zero experience with them. They look pretty strange to people who have never seen them before, as if they cannot possibly function : ) They are a successful product in North America etc., so I know they must function, but they still look odd, takes some getting used-to.
There are many names for these connectors:
wire nuts, wire connectors, cone connectors, or thimble connectors, but I always call them Marrette connectors. I may have a few around, but I don't stock them, so I never developed any new uses for them. Maybe you could glue some small ones on your shoelaces. (I have tried heatshrink on my shoelaces)