element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum How many bookcases are there in your home?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 15 replies
  • Subscribers 630 subscribers
  • Views 2531 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

How many bookcases are there in your home?

dougw
dougw over 4 years ago

How often do you get a book from a bookcase in your home?

I like books, but they are definitely declining in my life. I seem to acquire a book, read it and then just store it, I don't tend to re-read them.

I have 11 bookcases with a total of 52 shelves, but only about half are used for books. It is not a pleasant thought to think I really don't need any bookcases.

I also do a lot of online reading and I have a kindle and a Kobo.

Have you gone paperless?

Have you switched entirely to video?

How many minutes a day do you listen to a radio?

How often do you touch your smart phone in a day?

Do you watch more video on your smart phone than your TV?

Do you have a landline?

Do you still read newspapers?

Does all your content now come from the Internet? 

My kids would answer all of these questions very differently from me.

I am trying to get some insight into how changing demographics will dictate what will be popular on this forum.

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • Andrew J
    Andrew J over 4 years ago

    Vast majority of books are in my study on fixed shelves - sounds posh, but it’s really just a work room.  I like books and prefer reading the paper versions than electronic versions.  Text books I prefer electronic for searching.  Phone I use for testing and calling and occasionally email but little else - my eyes don’t really work with the small screen - so my iPad, a large Pro version, is used more for content consumption, including news.  My preference is my iMac with two large screens though.  Radio is on constantly but that’s really down to my wife as I tend to prefer peace and quiet but she can’t cope with that.  Often the radio will be on in the kitchen whilst she’s up in her sewing room (aka smallest bedroom) listening to music.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • Andrew J
    Andrew J over 4 years ago

    Vast majority of books are in my study on fixed shelves - sounds posh, but it’s really just a work room.  I like books and prefer reading the paper versions than electronic versions.  Text books I prefer electronic for searching.  Phone I use for testing and calling and occasionally email but little else - my eyes don’t really work with the small screen - so my iPad, a large Pro version, is used more for content consumption, including news.  My preference is my iMac with two large screens though.  Radio is on constantly but that’s really down to my wife as I tend to prefer peace and quiet but she can’t cope with that.  Often the radio will be on in the kitchen whilst she’s up in her sewing room (aka smallest bedroom) listening to music.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
No Data
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube