element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products & Partners
    Products & Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Finally took the time to reorganize the workbench!
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 13 replies
  • Subscribers 627 subscribers
  • Views 1117 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Finally took the time to reorganize the workbench!

obones
obones 11 months ago

Hello everyone!

Following the "What are your Tips for an Organized Workbench?" share and win competition, I got a few ideas on to how to reorganize my utterly cluttered workbench so that it could accommodate everything in a better way.

And I must say that I'm pleased with the result:

image

I made the shelf taller so that the printer can go beneath it, leaving more space in front of it. And as it was tall enough, I even added drawers, made from ready made "3 drawers cabinet" found at the local hardware store.

Clear boxes and a gutter chute angle were really good ideas that I borrowed from the competition. Now the glue gun is readily available without a tangle of cables!

It's not perfect, but I felt that it was important to highlight the good ideas coming from here.

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • cstanton
    cstanton 11 months ago

    Very nice, have you considered an enclosure and filtering for the 3D printer, or do you leave the window open? Slight smile

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • obones
    obones 11 months ago in reply to cstanton

    Thanks.

    The enclosure is in the "thinking about it" phase because it would have to be foldable/removable so as no to prevent me from accessing the stored elements behind it.
    I mean, right now, when the clear plastic drawers open, the clearly end up in the 3D printer volume. This is fine, because I won't be needing them when I print, but a fixed enclosure would prevent any access to the printer.

    As to leaving the window open, I tried, but it induces too violent changes of temperatures so I rather start the print and move out of the room when it's a print that takes more than ten minutes.

    But any suggestions are most welcome here.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • obones
    obones 11 months ago in reply to cstanton

    Thanks.

    The enclosure is in the "thinking about it" phase because it would have to be foldable/removable so as no to prevent me from accessing the stored elements behind it.
    I mean, right now, when the clear plastic drawers open, the clearly end up in the 3D printer volume. This is fine, because I won't be needing them when I print, but a fixed enclosure would prevent any access to the printer.

    As to leaving the window open, I tried, but it induces too violent changes of temperatures so I rather start the print and move out of the room when it's a print that takes more than ten minutes.

    But any suggestions are most welcome here.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • cstanton
    cstanton 11 months ago in reply to obones

    I understand where you're coming from with the temperature variances, I bought an enclosure for my 3D printer after I observed the PM2.5/PM10 values skyrocketing on a print (and numerous journal articles on printing regardless of filament).

    The enclosure is somewhat 'basic', it's foil lined fabric with a metal pole frame. It has flaps which could attach to filters or fans to then exhaust outside if appropriate.

    Food for thought.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube