element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Top Members Secret Santa - Unwrapped
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 171 replies
  • Subscribers 641 subscribers
  • Views 14564 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • christmas
  • secret santa
Related

Top Members Secret Santa - Unwrapped

spannerspencer
spannerspencer over 9 years ago

I don't know if everyone's aware, but there's a private section of the element14 Community for the Top Members, who are brought in by invite (as decided upon by the existing Top Members and the element14 team), where they discuss matters around the direction of the Community, where they help out with beta testing Community updates, and even test out new products, RoadTests & Reviews-style. But mostly they just go waaaaaay off-topic and descend into rants and raves about which Minion avatar is the strangest, or who has the biggest... soldering iron.image

 

Anyway, in December the Top Members all gathered together around the eggnog tree to exchange techno-gifts, which we (The Management) facilitated to some degree by way of distribution. Now, I know the Christmas season won't get into full swing again until late August, but their Secret Santa gifts are now arriving upon their workshop doorsteps.

 

So I'd like to invite those Top Members to give us all a big unveiling of what they got, who their Secret Santa was and why they chose the gifts they did, and for the whole Community to join in with a few ideas on what these insane elite engineering eccentrics ("improved" meaning for IEEE?) can do with their hot tech gifts.

 

Merry Christmas!

 

 

Hmm? Oh, to become a Top Member is simple, but not easy. All you have to do is make a fantastic contribution to the element14 Community by way of great projects, insightful blogs, helpful suggestions (in Feedback and Support particularly) and generally spending all your free time on here enjoying yourself image  Trust me, these guys see everything that happens, so your efforts aren't going unnoticed image  Keep it up, and you'll be a Top Member in time for this year's Secret Santa!

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • jw0752
    jw0752 over 9 years ago

    Hi Spanner, Farnell Element 14, and My Secret Santa,

     

    Today I received a box from Farnell in the UK. I took it with me when I went to visit Mom at the nursing home this afternoon. I knew that Mom would enjoy watching me open it and be filmed by Millie with her little camera. Mom is very aware of Element 14 and my friends there as we often open the site and look at some of the postings together. I like to point out the members of the Minion crew and tell her where each of you live and what some of your specialties are. We began to film only to be interupted when the camera already packed with pictures and videos ran out of memory. A brief intermission allowed us to erase some of the older material and then continue filming. I want to send out a special thanks to my Secret Santa who must know me pretty well as the items that were sent were perfect and right along my areas of use and interest. Spanner, this was a real surprise so thank you to you and to the fine company that sponsors E-14 and provided these goodies. Here are the videos:

     

    Sorry I am not able to upload the videos at this time. I will edit this posting tomorrow and try again.

     

    Thanks John

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +10 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • jw0752
    jw0752 over 9 years ago

    Hi Spanner, Farnell Element 14, and My Secret Santa,

     

    Today I received a box from Farnell in the UK. I took it with me when I went to visit Mom at the nursing home this afternoon. I knew that Mom would enjoy watching me open it and be filmed by Millie with her little camera. Mom is very aware of Element 14 and my friends there as we often open the site and look at some of the postings together. I like to point out the members of the Minion crew and tell her where each of you live and what some of your specialties are. We began to film only to be interupted when the camera already packed with pictures and videos ran out of memory. A brief intermission allowed us to erase some of the older material and then continue filming. I want to send out a special thanks to my Secret Santa who must know me pretty well as the items that were sent were perfect and right along my areas of use and interest. Spanner, this was a real surprise so thank you to you and to the fine company that sponsors E-14 and provided these goodies. Here are the videos:

     

    Sorry I am not able to upload the videos at this time. I will edit this posting tomorrow and try again.

     

    Thanks John

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +10 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • dougw
    dougw over 9 years ago in reply to jw0752

    I couldn't embed a video either. I had to create a separate video and link it to an embedded picture. The same video that was accepted in the "create" content drop-down was not accepted when embedding in a reply.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • D_Hersey
    D_Hersey over 9 years ago in reply to jw0752

    Now that I know that your mom is in the audience I'll mind my spelling, punctuation and grammar

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +6 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube