element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Lets see your work area!
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 17 replies
  • Subscribers 633 subscribers
  • Views 1441 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • bench
  • magic station
  • workshop
Related

Lets see your work area!

gam3t3ch
gam3t3ch over 9 years ago

Right now I am rebuilding my little room into a more functional cube of awesome, lets see them pics I wanna see where everyone finds their quiet time spot aka workbench

here is a shot of part of my cube think the room is roughly 8x10 and have a angle in the one corner so removes a bit of real estate.

 

image

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • uscdadnyc
    uscdadnyc over 9 years ago

    Here are two Quick photos of Just my latest Workstation. My others are to Messy for "PrimeTime"image

    On second Shelf (from Top) L->R is  a)RaspPiZero, b) Up SBC (w/atom uProcessor). Top Shelf is

    a DVI/HDMI LCD Display. Behind LCD is an Rack-Mountable Outlet Strip. Great to provide AC to the

    multiple USB Power Bricks that I have.

    image

    Fourth Shelf from Top holds my trusted Dremel Tool.

    If you element14 members want DYI Instructions, I will post them here.

    Availability of Parts/DYI Assembly AGAIN is Dependent on YOUR LOCATION. Please Leave your

    Country of Residence Also include the State (if in USA). Help me, Help you.

    USCDADNYC (NY NY USA)

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • jkutzsch
    jkutzsch over 9 years ago in reply to ntewinkel

    My wife has done remodeling work on Mobile homes before so it really sounded like as long you watched out for the standard utilities running through there you would be good.

     

    I have been contemplating some type of accordion type wall to be able to section off.  Similar to what hotels have to open up conference rooms.  That would allow me to keep my wood working area mess limited that area.  :-)

     

    Before I had looked at shipping containers and while interesting they are still pricey compared to square footage and would need all sorts of insulation and wiring added as well as exterior camouflage since rarely will a wife allow a big metal box to be sitting in her backyard.  :-)

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • ntewinkel
    ntewinkel over 9 years ago in reply to jkutzsch

    I thought I'd do a quick search...

    This article: Removing walls in a mobile home

    says: "In a single wide, with recent construction methods, there are no load bearing interior walls."

     

    That's very interesting to know... would make for a nice, inexpensive, workshop.

     

    I've seen Makerspaces divide the areas up, to keep the woodworking area from throwing sawdust into the electronics area for example.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • jkutzsch
    jkutzsch over 9 years ago in reply to ntewinkel

    From my understanding I can remove all interior walls and the design should allow the exterior to be the supporting parts.  But I would want to have it professionally verified prior to taking a hammer and sawsall to it.  :-)

     

    Depending on the layout it may be something like 2/3rds open and 1/3rd split due to plumbing/gas etc...  Just depends on the donor structure when I can find one.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • jkutzsch
    jkutzsch over 9 years ago in reply to gam3t3ch

    Ouch!  Just to move it? 

     

    Here we were quoted around $800 US and I was expecting at least another $200 or more for proper teardown/disconnects.  Probably be smarter to double that to $400 and be pleasantly surprised if it is less.

     

    Then will come the decisions for power/gas.  I could trench it and run everything over there or I could really really look hard at Solar.  But this is all tentative in finding something worthwhile. :-)

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • jlangbridge
    jlangbridge over 9 years ago in reply to shabaz

    Well, what I *want* is just about one of everything on the Farnell website, but what I *need* is just a basic power supply, a "basic" oscilloscope and frequency generator (even that one is debatable).. Most of my work is done with Arduinos, mbed boards and a few other evaluation boards. Since this is for students, I don't do many highly complex systems, and so long as I have LEDs, 10k and 330 ohm resistors, and a few breakout boards, I can work. That doesn't mean I can't have a bit of fun from time to time, I had a great time with an NVIDIA Jetson TK1 for example, but I do miss creating my own boards. One of these days image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • gam3t3ch
    gam3t3ch over 9 years ago in reply to COMPACT

    one the left not in the picture there is lol

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • ntewinkel
    ntewinkel over 9 years ago in reply to jkutzsch

    14x80 would be a LOT of workshop space!

    Would you just remove most of the interior walls, or is that required structure?

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • jw0752
    jw0752 over 9 years ago in reply to gam3t3ch

    Hi Wesley,

    It isn't impossible. I was up in your neck of the woods a couple of years ago to visit the big mall and see the countryside.  Come east about 2000 miles and south a couple hundred and you are welcome to visit anytime.

    John

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • COMPACT
    COMPACT over 9 years ago

    I can't see any ESD precautions in place.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
>
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube