element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Is Anyone Currently Working on an AI or Machine Learning Project?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 18 replies
  • Subscribers 641 subscribers
  • Views 1447 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • scasny
Related

Is Anyone Currently Working on an AI or Machine Learning Project?

rscasny
rscasny over 8 years ago

In the near future, I will probably being roadtesting a product that is well suited for AI or machine learning applications. If you are currently work on one of these, I'd like to learn more.

 

Sincerely,

 

Randall Scasny

RoadTest Program Manager

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • the48sicks
    the48sicks over 8 years ago

    Building on a lot of my recent posts on Computer Vision using Opencv,  tensorflow and my keras api I'm looking into retraining / transfer learning on their pretrained inception model. I've enen applied to the team at Princeton university for access to their raw imagenet library. It's a good 500gb download ha. (I have 1Gbe  internet at home) but I've also got access to the nvidia gpu cloud through their developer program. Hence my recent post using docker as one of its features

     

    Porting this all to robot size components I've been looking at Nvidia's Jetson range but in the UK the board, carrier and companion board with VAT takes it up to around the £1200 mark for 256 cuda cores.

     

     

     

    Matt

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • the48sicks
    the48sicks over 8 years ago

    Building on a lot of my recent posts on Computer Vision using Opencv,  tensorflow and my keras api I'm looking into retraining / transfer learning on their pretrained inception model. I've enen applied to the team at Princeton university for access to their raw imagenet library. It's a good 500gb download ha. (I have 1Gbe  internet at home) but I've also got access to the nvidia gpu cloud through their developer program. Hence my recent post using docker as one of its features

     

    Porting this all to robot size components I've been looking at Nvidia's Jetson range but in the UK the board, carrier and companion board with VAT takes it up to around the £1200 mark for 256 cuda cores.

     

     

     

    Matt

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • bernhardmayer
    bernhardmayer over 8 years ago in reply to the48sicks

    Hi.

    I am also trying to use neural networks on a small outdoor robot for track detection and obstacle avoidance. I am also using OpenCV. I would like to use a Raspberry Pi for the task but its computing power is very limited and maybe not enough for the task. To get more information I made a benchmark: Deep Neural Network Benchmark with Raspberry Pi 2, 3 and 3+

    One option would be to retrain my network with less classes.

    Or use a stronger computing module. A Nvidia Jetson would really be a good choice ...

    I plan to get my robot running this summer get some first results.

    Bernhard

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube