I'm working on a 68000 home-brew computer. I'm in the very early stages (planning, and acquiring parts). I plan on building an 8 bit system as a pre-cursor to the 68K 16 bit one as a bit of a warm-up / refresher. My plan is to use the 6809 for the first system. Can anyone suggest a chip that I could use as a video device for the 8 bit system? Something that works at TTL levels and is relatively simple to program and interface with. I thought of using a 6567 Vic II from a commodore 64, but those are hard to get. If I can get one I might try it, but ideally i would like something with a more capabilities, and possibly a VGA, or even HDMI output. I know that might be a tall order and I'm willing to live with composite video if there is something i can get easily.
Thanks
