SOMNIUM is pleased to announce the general availability release of SOMNIUM DRT Freescale Kinetis IDE, version 2.4 for ARM Cortex-M based Kinetis MCUs.
DRT 2.4 introduces some key features and product enhancements to improve development productivity, and deliver the best possible results:
- Enhanced IDE based on Eclipse Mars: Eclipse is a hugely powerful IDE, but is often criticized for being overly complex. DRT version 2.4 is built on the latest Eclipse Mars platform, enhanced with SOMNIUM's unique productivity and debug features to ease integration with Freescale software enablement, and DRT-specific features to create new projects, view system registers and automatically analyze and debug run time faults.
- Trace: Support for debugging with the MTB trace functionality available on many Freescale Kinetis Cortex M0+ devices. This feature will be of particular interest to CodeWarrior users who may have resisted moving to KDS due to its lack of trace facilities.
- Improved import from CodeWarrior and KDS: DRT now has even better automatic import and conversion of Freescale CodeWarrior and Kinetis Design Studio projects.
- Improved code optimizations: Further improvements over DRT 2.3's resequencing optimizations to deliver the smallest, most energy efficient and highest performance results, with no need for source code changes.
- Support for the latest Freescale Kinetis devices.
For more information please see the web site.
SOMNIUM DRT Freescale Kinetis Edition is a complete software development environment for Freescale Kinetis MCUs. It uniquely combines SOMNIUM’s patented Device-aware Resequencing Technology with a familiar user interface and 100% industry standard compatibility with the Eclipse IDE and GNU tools, widely used by Kinetis MCU developers. It is a fully-featured upgrade path for Kinetis developers seeking the best possible results, with full technical support. Only DRT offers full compatibility with Freescale software enablement and improved code generation versus other free-of-charge and commercial tools.
Get the free trial of SOMNIUM DRT Freescale Kinetis Edition from the DRT product page on the SOMNIUM portal.