J-LINK EDU is identical to J-Link BASE and offers the same functionality. It has been designed to allow students and educational facilities as well as hobbyists access to top of the line debug probe technology.
- Licensing: J-Link EDU may only be used for non-commercial purposes.
- J-Link EDU does not include support. However you may submit your question to the SEGGER forum.
- Direct download into flash memory of most popular microcontrollers supported
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4, Cortex-R4, RX100/RX200/RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Download speed up to 1 MByte/second
- Supports unlimited breakpoints in flash memory!
- Setting breakpoints in external flash memory of Cortex-M systems is possible with J-Link's Unlimited Flash Breakpoints technology only!
- Supported by all major IDEs
- Free software updates, 1 year of support
- Supports concurrent access to CPU by multiple applications
- Crossplatform support (runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- Intelligence in the emulator firmware
- Remote Server included. Allows using J-Link remotely via TCP/IP
- GDBServer included
- Production flash programming software (J-Flash) available
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available
- Supports multiple target interfaces: JTAG, SWD
- Supports SWV/SWO (Serial Wire Viewer / Serial wire output)
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, 5V tolerant
- Supports JTAG chains with multiple devices
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- Various target adapters available, including optical isolation adapter.
- RDI / RDDI interface DLL available.
- Fully plug and play compatible
- No power supply required, powered through USB
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All JTAG signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection
- J-Link EDU
- 20-pin, 0.1" ribbon cable
- USB cable (A to B)