From what I have used this for the thing that sold me the most about using this more in the future is the ease of using the PSoC Creator. It reminded me a lot of simulator software I used in school.
I decided to start with . Because I wanted to see how that worked as it is the one extra that intrigued me the most about the board when I first saw it.
Set up is very easy I downloaded the example and just extracted it to my Desktop. When the file loaded all that had to be done was clicking the Program button.
That was nice but now I wanted to start changing it around a bit.
First thing I thought was to switch the LED order around. So I removed the wires from the Pin to the PWM and used the Wire Tool to re-draw them so the Red went to Line_n and the Green went to Line.
After reprogramming it worked beautifully.
Next thing I wanted to do was to use the Blue LED instead of the Green one, because it was a very over powering light even when the duty cycle was just to about 0%.
First thing I did was look at Project 1 Blinking LED to find the pin address for the Blue LED P0(3) [Pin 27]. Next for doing this I knew I had to change the pin address. Reason being the text on the schematic had no bearing on what was actually being done. (Though, it would be awesome if it was that easy.) This is where all of a sudden I had a lot of difficulty. I looked all over the pin configuration and even went into the LED. But I was still not finding where to change the pin address. All of the directions I found started from a blank project and showed me how to assign a pin but I didn’t know what screen that was on an existing project. Till finally I found where it stated cydwr file and over in the left side in the Workspace Explorer. That was what I was looking for all along. So I changed the Pin_GreenLED from pin 26 to pin 27.
Then for cosmetics I changed all of the naming of the part from Green to Blue.
I then programmed this to the board. It was nice a nice change because now I can see the transition easier.
The last thing to I wanted to do was to really see how much each LED was on or off. I double clicked on the PWM and changed the clock speed to 1kHz.
This way only one LED would be on at a time. Plus it also gives a nice strobe effect.
Next I think I’m going to try and replicate starting from scratch and using some high output off board LEDs.