|Development Tools||Technical Documents||Video||Features||Kit Contents|
The DSPAUDIOEVM () Evaluation Module is used to demonstrate the abilities of the Symphony DSP family and provide a hardware tool to allow development of applications that use these devices. The DSPAUDIOEVM consists of a generic motherboard (DSPAUDIOEVMMB1E) and a specific daughterboard corresponding to your DSP needs.
All motherboards are supplied with a parallel cable which can be used with the Symphony Studio software. Note that no special 'Wiggler' cables are required to work with this software. A separate daughtercard is provided for each DSP device. Please note that there are multiple daughtercards for a single device. This is because each device type has multiple ROM versions. The “B” ROM is always generic and can be used by anyone. Any other ROM version (“A”, “C”, “D”) contains third party IP in the ROM and requires the appropriate third party licenses.
For users of ROMed members of the Symphony DSP family, there is additional serial debugging software, which allows serial communication and interaction with the on-chip Software Architecture, Symphony Debugger Interface (SDI) Software.
Several different daughterboards () are available to support both 5636x and 5637x Digital Signal Processor families. Each daughterboard connects to the motherboard using two 96-pin connectors and, depending on the DSP, also contains external SRAM, FLASH or EEPROM.
Key Applications: A/V receivers, Blu-ray and HD-DVD players, Car audio/amplifiers and Professional audio recording systems.
Software Development Tools:
|Tool Type||Supplier||MPN||Supported Family||Description|
|IDE||Freescale||CodeWarrior||All Freescale MCU's|
Freescale's software and development solutions take you beyond the silicon, helping to bring your embedded applications to life. Learn More
|RTOS||Freescale||MQX||ColdFire / HC08 / HC12 / ARM / S08 / RS08 / PowerPC|
The Freescale MQX Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) provides real-time performance within a small, configurable footprint. This RTOS is designed to allow you to configure and balance code size with performance requirements. Learn More
- Powered by USB bus voltage or external power adaptor
- On-board USB interface that provides JTAG debug, I2C and SPI serial communication with the DSP
- 1x AK4584 24-bit 192 kHz stereo codec with integrated S/PDIF transceiver
- 3x AK4556 24-bit 192kHz stereo codecs
- On-board microphone and pre-amplifier
- Expansion header for off-board GPIO interfacing
- 8-position DIP input switch
- 9 LED indicators
- It allows new users to familiarize themselves with the features of the DSP563xx/DSP5672x family architecture by exercising the product feature set.
- It serves as a platform for real-time software development, software download to on-chip or on-board RAM, software running and debug with full speed operation and breakpoint capability, and the ability to modify all user-accessible registers, memory, and peripherals though the JTAG/OnCE port.
- It allows users to test and evaluate any audio decoders which may be contained in specific ROMs in the Symphony DSP family.
The Freescale's Supplied with below contents:
- Evaluation Module
- Mini USB cable
- CD-ROM with all the software and documentation needed to get started.
- daughtercard [Need to be purchased separately]