I've beem working on developing a community driven site for sharing Eagle libraries. Cadsofts sight has a nice list, but there is not sorting ability, no commenting, no voting. The objective with the site is to change that; allow users to upload their own libraries, comment on others, vote on their quality, etc. Adding this bit of peer moderation can help eliminate issues with libraries and promote quality libraries.
I wanted to post here to open up discussion about what users would like to see for a website like this.
At current, the feature list:
- Drop down listings of categories (ie. Discrete, Semiconductor) The categories and options are not finalized, ideas on this would be great.
- Tag system for powerful search
- Thumbnail upload (would love to automate this one day, but server side scripting like that is out of my abilities.)
- A text description. Open to any content the user would like to add.
- Components listing, allowing users to list components in the library.
- Supplier and data sheet link inputs.
- Download counting, actively tracks download count.
- 5 star based voting system.
- Sortable list, allowing to sort by name, categories, download count, vote average, etc.
- Featured Library page displaying libraries that moderators enjoy the most. Community input on featured libaries could be implemented later.
- Popular Libraries page displaying libraries in order of their vote average.
- Search function allows for site wide search.
I've been developing locally, so it is not quite ready to publish here (thus a breakdown of the features instead of a link). I'm hoping to roll it out in the next 2 weeks or so, and I hope to have some community input to help make it ready for launching.
Thanks everyone, looking forward to helping the Eagle community!