I am using Eagle Cad light v 6.4.0 and have a CAM file that is set up to create a CMP file for
the component side but this .cmp file is not being created.
Below is the entry in my Cam file set up for the Component side. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
I am using Eagle Cad light v 6.4.0 and have a CAM file that is set up to create a CMP file for
the component side but this .cmp file is not being created.
Below is the entry in my Cam file set up for the Component side. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Hello,
.cmp is the usual file extension for the bottom side Gerber file for more than 20 years now.
Is it really a problem of not creating the file or could it be a matter of the Windows Explorer not showing files with already assigned file extensions? As far as I know Explorer does not show known file extensions by default. Could you please check this?
On the other hand it is no problem to use a different file extension. You could for example use *.top instead of *.cmp and *.bot instead of *.sol.
Best regards,
Richard
It looks like the CMP file has been hijacked and associated with a Zuken viewer...
All the other gerber files are associated with a windows shell program.
Does anyone know what the correct choice for file association should be for this file?
Thanks