Exceeds IEC61000-4-2 standard without sacrificing signal quality
ESD0P8RFL diodes offer better performance on ESD-protection compared to varistors and polymer-based devices.
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) plays an important role when ESD sensitive devices are connected to exposed interfaces or antennas that can be touched by humans. For RF antennas and high-speed data lines different ESD protection devices are available on the market. The new ESD0P8RFL protection diodes from Infineon show clear advantages compared to multilayer varistors or polymer-based ESD protection devices.
Infineon’s state-of-the-art ESD protection diode ESD0P8RFL offers a capacitance of only 0.8pF at 1GHz as well as a fast switching time of less than 200ps. It clamps an 8kV ESD event as per the IEC 61000-4-2 specification to only 10V. This makes the ESD0P8RFL an ideal and reliable ESD protection device for RF antennas and high speed data lines both in anti-parallel (GPS, DVB, Remote Keyless Entry, etc.) and rail-to-rail (HDMI, S-ATA, GbE, etc.) configurations. For the ESD0P8RFL protection diode both peak voltage and clamping voltage and therefore also the thermal energy dissipated in the load is much lower than for polymer-based ESD protection devices or low-capacitance varistors.
The new ESD protection diode does not influence the RF performance. Related tests in LNA applications have proven that the LNA does not show significant changes in the supply current up to ±30 kV contact discharge as per IEC 61000-4-2 specification. Level 4 (±8 kV contact protection) is met using the ESD0P8RFL without any constraints.
• ESD protection up to 20kV (air/contact) according to IEC61000-4-2.
• Low line capacitance: typically 0.8pF at 1GHz.
• Very low series inductance: 0.4nH per diode.
• Very low clamping voltage: 12V (typical)
• Thin Small Leadless Package (TSLP-4-7): 1.2mm x 0.8mm x 0.39 mm
• ROHS compliant.
• Automotive qualification according to AEC Q101.
• Antenna protection (e.g. GPS, DVB, DAB, DMB ,Remote Keyless Entry)
• High-speed data line protection (e.g. HDMI, S-ATA, Gigabit Ethernet)
Infineon Part Number - Farnell Part Number