The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB
Get personal with your Pi. Welcome to the Raspberry Pi 2, the single board computer that thinks it’s a home PC.
Enhanced Quad Core Processor and 1GB RAM now provides you with the opportunity to:
- Build your own workstation – create and manage your documents and spreadsheets with ease using LibreOffice
- Faster and more enjoyable gaming – experience less lag and more seamless gaming in all your favourites. Can’t wait to demolish buildings in Minecraft, trigger your TNT now and be amazed by the results!
- No more buffer face – boots up Raspbian in less than half the time as the Model B+
- More power for your favourite projects – create Space Progammes, Time Lapse Videos, GPS tracking, HD audio and lots more with a full ecosystem of supporting accessories.
- All your previous Raspberry Pi projects are 100% backward compatible with the new Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB
- Broadcom BCM2837 Arm7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- 1GB RAM
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 4 x USB 2 ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
- Broadcom BCM2837Arm7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Identical board layout and footprint as the Model B+, so all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the Model B+ will be fully compatible.
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects. GPIO is 100% compatible with the Model B+ and A+ boards. First 26 pins are identical to the Model A and Model B boards to provide full backward compatibility across all boards.
- Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sold separately)
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- Advanced power management:
- You can now provide up to 1.2 AMP to the USB port – enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI. (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply)
- 10/100 Ethernet Port to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Internet
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out