Last week, I had a great conversation with one of our managers concerning a thermocouple test system bundle. It combines data acquisition hardware and software from National Instruments and thermocouples from Omega. I learned it's entry-level 4-channel USB thermocouple measurement system.
Here are a few features of the system:
- NI quality data acquisition hardware for confidence in your test data
- FlexLogger data logging software to get you from sensor to data, fast
- Configure a custom UI with graphs, charts, and alarm indicators
- Set trigger conditions for alarms and logging
- Add operator input panels to capture test meta data
- Save to file formats for Excel (.csv) or the open binary standard .tdms so you can use with any in-house software
- A modular, 1-slot chassis so you can change your measurement system as easy as you can change modules. Reuse the chassis and software with any of the 80+ other CompactDAQ compatible C Series modules from NI
In the following table, I list the parts in the bundle, along with the datasheets:
(NI) Temperature Input Module, C Series, NI-9210, 14 SPS, 24 bit, 4 Input, CompactDAQ/RIO System, Mini TC
Chassis, cDAQ-9171, CompactDAQ System, 1 Slot, USB
Test Software, FlexLogger, Subscription License, Download, Windows
Thermocouple, K, 260 °C, 36 ", 900 mm
In my conversation, we talked about getting some of these product bundles for either a roadtest, design competition, or special project. I wanted to put this out to the community to get your feedback and some ideas of what you would do with this Thermocouple Measurement System.
Discussion Question: What Would You Design, Test or Build with a Thermocouple Measurement