Just before I get going, please tell me if I posted this in the wrong place. This is the first blog post I've had to make and therefore I'm not the sharpest bowling ball in the shed when it comes to this.
(This is a work in progress. Everything is just from my testing before the project [TBD, coming very soon]).
1/19/16: Smoked a potentiometer!
So far my experiences with this little regulator (and I mean little) have been good. I was trying to measure how much current I could draw, and being a registered oaf, I decided to use a potentiometer as a load. Little did I know, it was only rated for a few hundred mW in comparison to the 1800 the regulator can throw at you.
I thought my load test had killed the regulator... until I pulled the pot and smelled burnt carbon. The regulator had barely broken a sweat. Simple Switcher 1, potentiometers 0. You could say I... smoked pot. *uproarious canned laughter*