Evaluation Type: Independent Products
Did you receive all parts the manufacturer stated would be included in the package?: True
What other parts do you consider comparable to this product?: ATEN 100Mhz scope, Tektronix MDO3054
What were the biggest problems encountered?: Lab training signals are provided by default but the labs themselves were not. I had to go find them, A few dials seemed to work in reverse when compared to my other scopes.
I am working many more videos so please be patient and wait for more before commenting about missing things, though feel free to ask for specific tests and Ill see what I can do.
First up is Box open and initial overview, as usual I prefer to post using video so here it is
For the training material to go with all those fancy waveforms provided with the scope, look no further than this http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/54611-97000.pdf
After using the scope for a while, I found a few quirks/shortcomings with the I2C decoding and also in light of this, compared to some of the features of the MDO3054, particularly the lack of Segmented memory on the MDO3054
I think so far the only negatives i have for this scope are as follows (I'll add more if I come across them)
1. Horizontal timebase knob requires two clicks to make a change in the timebase, minor but annoying
2. I2C or other decoded data can not be saved out to usb or be displayed in table form on the screen (At least I have not found how to do this yet)
3. Scope probes are a little big, I am used to the Tektronix probes and with the included small grabber tips, it is much safer to use when hooking onto to 0.1" pitch or smaller connectors.
On the positive side
1. Extremely easy to set up triggering
2. Very easy to get protocol decoding setup and the trigger options are extensive.
3. Segmented Memory... this is an awesome feature for a scope in this price range
5. Bode Plot analysis built in, a little limited in configuration but at least it is there, I will endevour to perform a comparison to the nearest feature on the MDO3054 as soon as my new MOSFETS arrive for the DC Load / Power supply.
Excellent Demo' because of this very good effort to show this product capabilities' I might be interested in taking delivery of this very product, Nice Job Thank again,.
Great start Peter.
I look forward to your future updates.
Great start Peter.
I expect to have my 'scope in hand later today if all goes well with UPS.
Hope to have a first impression post up by the weekend.