Air quality is critical for our health. We all want to breathe clean air. This year especially was bad for the air quality. The extreme heat in Canada West caused a lot of forest fires. And this air from West causing significant impact on air quality even for Estaern cost during the summer of 2021,
But we want to enjoin outdoor activities and we want to go outside. So we need to know more about air quality. But how clean air is? How to identify where and when it is beyond acceptable levels indoor and outdoor?
I think technology can resolve this issue. Here is how my solution can help continuously monitor air quality :
- Be conscious of air quality
- PSoC 6S2 + AIROC Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Pioneer Kit and Renesas ZMOD4510 have the capability to collect air quality metrics (ozone) using low power mode. This will allow getting a continuous flow of data over the BLE interface to a mobile app over a long period of time.
- The mobile app will generate alerts if air quality doesn't meet expected levels.
- The mobile app will record positions, time, and air quality metrics.
- Know safe routes and danger zones
- The collected data will be visualized and shared with the community to identify safe routes to walk and highlight dangerous zones.
- Project Introduction
- Define use cases
- Define target state.
- Decompose the target state into several components
- Prioritize use cases and define MVP scope.
- Identify major components to support MVP.
- Identify development tools / platforms.
- Define test plan.
- Install ModusToolbox IDE and test the build tool-chain and a demo project.
- Use the Bluetooth Configurator tool included with the ModusToolbox to generate code for Bluetooth applications.
- Add ZMOD4510 air quality sensor
- Implement MVP
- Perform testing
- Mobile app
- Design app UX
- Build app
- Integrate with the board over BLE
- Perform testing.
- Wearable enclosure
- Design the enclosure
- Build the enclosure
- Perform testing
- Project evaluation
- Record demo
- Publish the project on GitHub
- Share findings
- Share plans
Key components of the solution
- Wearable device
- BLE system
- Outdoor air quality platform ZMOD4510
- Battery pack
- Android App
- BLE interface
- Notification widget
- Analytics dashboard
- Feedback component