If you have experience programming CPUs or MCUs, the key concepts of programming FPGAs may be a bit difficult to grasp at first. In this entry level webinar, Monica Houston and Tom Curran will address the different approaches to programming FPGAs.
In addition to covering the basics of getting the board setup by running the tcl build scripts from Avnet’s GitHub, this webinar will also demonstrate setting up a simple program in Vitis that controls GPIOs on the Ultra96.
What you will learn by attending:
- How use Avnet’s build scripts to set up the programmable logic on Ultra96
- FPGA vocabulary and the meanings of commonly used acronyms
- How to create a helloworld program for the Ultra96 using Vitis
- How to control GPIO on the Ultra96
- How programming an FPGA is similar to and differs from programming a CPU
The following hardware will be featured during this presentation: