Any other female makers out there? (Other than charlotte_godley?)
Any other female makers out there? (Other than charlotte_godley?)
Lucy and all,
Yes, I am working on a flight simulator with a Google Earth out the window view.. NexGen
Joy to all
I don't know - maybe something to do with @cristinaharrison is working on?
?????
I would have referred this to moderation only I thought perhaps someone else would see the point (if there is one) and explain it to me.
MK
omg i have wanted an out of the window google earth since i was a kid and wanted to point through airplane windows at whatever weird spot caught my eye...crazy. Of course that was 1967 or something before anything like google earth existed...if you actually made one...wow. i shoulda been a real engineer 
j.
Yes it does, but has also been great therapy since my injury.
I can bury myself in the mass of information and forget my day to day issues.
History and Science has been my two main loves since childhood, so I can now do something interesting in both.
DAB
I was probably thinking of the things I enjoyed doing/making when I was a Girl Guide - spinning / origami / building camps / pioneering (strapping lumps of wood together to make things) / leather work / carpentry / corn dolly making / embroidery etc. - I didn't have access to electronics then, but all could now be combined in some manner to make interesting things.
I would be very interested to see some of the "artistic" electronics projects here - putting the A in STEAM 
When you say "crafting", Lucy, do you mean projects in general that don't necessarily get into the realm of electronics? So it might involve more carpentry, metal work, textiles, card, paper -- that sort of thing? Or are you thinking more in terms of "artistic" electronics projects over the more technical/functional ways we tend to put e14-focused devices to use?
I quite agree about there being a substantial overlap here, and that it'd be good to experiment with some different approaches to projects.
Found them - thanks - this book stuff must keep you pretty busy !
MK
Yea, Amazon treats it as a category instead of taking you to my book list.
Either use my name Donald A. Bertke or go to Lulu.com which makes it easier to find all of my books.
DAB