how to make a image back from the compute module to external usb for backup / restore ?
I can successfully flashing the eMMC but dd command is not working in reverse.
how to make a image back from the compute module to external usb for backup / restore ?
I can successfully flashing the eMMC but dd command is not working in reverse.
Firstly make sure you have "if=/dev/sd?" where ? is correct letter. No number is needed since you want the two or more partitions, right? You may want to read Instructions for Using the NEW Raspberry Pi Compute Module Development Kit for other ideas.
Clem
Firstly make sure you have "if=/dev/sd?" where ? is correct letter. No number is needed since you want the two or more partitions, right? You may want to read Instructions for Using the NEW Raspberry Pi Compute Module Development Kit for other ideas.
Clem
I connect the USB thumb drive and use dd comand to backup eMMC in which if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/dev/sda. This is exactly cloning the whole OS to usb drive. And then I use Win32 Disk Imager to read the usb thumb drive to save a img backup. Is it the correct way or any other method would be much more convenient ? (like making an image file from bootable floppy)