I am very new with the embedded software world and I am currently trying to boot Linux Kernel on Zedboard from SD CARD. I had about a week back tried to install on a zybo board and it was working. I had followed the same steps but however ended up running into issues. Currently , I am able to connect to the uboot bootup console via usb-uart and the following is the log.
Further details on how I have done this:
1) Obtained the linux uImage
2) Compiled devicetree.dtb from linux-digilent-dev branch
3)Created a base design in Vivado consisting of the processing system and axi gpio. In the Xilinx SDK created a new zyng fsbl(didn't do any changes to any files).
4) From Xilinx Tools , create boot image i added the systemwrapper.bit , the fsbl. elf and uboot.elf to create boot.bin.
5) Partioned the SD card into 4 mb space left at start, 1 gb fat partition and rest as ext4 partition.
6) Copied the uImage, boot.bin and devicetree.dtb with same names into the 1gb partition.
7) Set JP9 and JP8 to 3V3 amd JP7 ,JP8 and JP11 to GND.
8) Connected the usb-art ,inserted SD card in the slot and powered on.
9) I can see the following output via minicom console.