Evaluation Board for USB2514B High Speed USB 2.0 Multi TT 4 Port Hub with Battery Charging Support
The EVB-USB2514BC is an evaluation and demonstration platform featuring the USB2514B Ultra Fast USB 2.0 Hub on a 4-layer RoHS compliant printed circuit board. The Evaluation Board demonstrates a standalone application for the hub with advanced power saving options and configurable port assignments. It is designed to support internal default configuration settings and an external optional I2C EEPROM for custom configured functionality.
The EVB-USB2514BC is designed to demonstrate the unique features of this device using a low cost PCB implementation with individual port power control for the downstream USB 2.0 ports. Downstream USB 2.0 port 1 includes a high current port power controller to fully support USB battery charging as a high current walk up port.
The SMSC USB2514B MultiTRAK™ is a Low-Power, Full-Featured, OEM configurable, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 compliant hub with four downstream ports. Each of these downstream ports in the USB2514B device is capable of supporting battery charging per the USB Battery Charging Specification, Revision 1.1.
Applications: LCD monitors and TVs, Multi-function USB peripherals, PC motherboards, Set-top boxes, DVD players, DVR/PVR, Printers and scanners, PC media drive bay, Portable hub boxes, Mobile PC docking, Embedded systems.
- 36-pin QFN RoHS compliant package.
- Four USB 2.0 downstream hub ports with individual port power and over-current sense (OCS).
- Hi-Speed (480 Mbps), Full-Speed (12 Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5 Mbps) compatible.
- USB Battery Charging is supported on downstream USB Port 1 to a full 1.5 A.
- USB Battery Charging is supported on all other downstream USB ports to 500 mA (optional). (In actual use, the port 5 V path, port power controllers, and OCS circuits must be chosen to fully support the specification [ex., USB Port 1]).
- Multi-Transaction Translator is enabled.
- Supports internal default hub configuration. Optionally supports configuration from external EEPROM.
- Low cost 4-Layer space saving design with two outer signal layers, a power inner layer, and a ground inner layer.
- Individual port over-current sensing.
- Individual port power control with LEDs for port power indication.
- Self-powered operation.
- Operates from a single voltage (5.0 VDC, regulated) external power supply.
- Single onboard 3.3 VDC regulator.
- Red LED indicator for “Active” hub state (optional).
- EMI suppression provided by selection of capacitors and inner power/ground PCB layers.
- ESD component footprints provided (optional).
- Single crystal clock source.
- Evaluation Board