I'm trying to upgrade the kernel of a BeagleBone Black from '3.8.13-bone79' to '4.1.16-bone18'.
The build of the new kernel is done under a virtual machine of Ubuntu15 with 'arm-linux-gnueabihf' cross-compiler, and then kernel is downloaded to BeagleBone Black through tftp.
BeagleBone Black Configuration:
- Hardware: BeagleBone Black 4GB rev.C
- OS: Debian 4.6.3-14
- Kernel (current): 3.8.13-bone79
- Internet connection: USB ('USB0') & Ethernet ('eth0')
- Download the zImage and dtb files is done through a tftp server over windows.
* All the steps followed are from this tutorial.
After build and download the kernel, and copy the modules to BeagleBone Black too, the device is rebooted and a terminal console is opened through serial port to access to uBoot.
Following again the above tutorial steps, it is time to load the kernel and reboot the device.
Here, it is when process fails with next message:
/etc/rc.local: 14: /etc/rc.local: cannot create /sys/devices/bone_capemgr1/slots: Directory nonexistent
[FAIL] startpar: service(s) returned failure: rc.local ... failed!
Does anyone have an idea bout why is this happening?
I would thank any hint to understand the root cause and how can I finally upgrade the kernel.