New Power CSP (PMCP) MOSFET
High thermal yet the smallest size utilizing new package technology
Panasonic Semiconductor has developed the New Power CSP MOSFET
This MOSFET family is optimized for load switches that combine low RDS(on) in a smaller form factor,
reducing the power management system size and minimizing power consumption to increase power efficiency.
- - Panasonic’s unique Power Mount CSP package allows for improved thermal dissipation by 5% while reducing the size by 80%
- over the conventional solutions.
- - Employing a fine trench silicon technology that provides 47% lower RDS(on) over the same sized conventional chip.
- By using this technology, this MOSFET family achieves higher power efficiency while reducing power consumption of the system.
- - Adopting a new heat discharging frame structure
PMCP utilizes the new package structure of unique pad design and drain clip technology,
- which achieves higher thermal performance over the current products.
Our thermal design utilizes a frame structure to optimize thermal dissipation from the chip to both the PCB and air;
a higher thermal dissipation over our conventional product has been achieved while achieving small size and low-profile.
- - 110nm fine trench cell with wafer thinning fabrication technology
Panasonic’s advances in cell technology and wafer thinning fabrication have lead to silicon with lower specific on resistance.
Normally, in an N-ch power MOSFET, current flows from the substrate to the channel.
Increasing the number of cells by using a 110nm fine process technology reduces the resistance of the channel.
In addition, using wafer thinning technology reduces the resistance of the substrate.
For further information, please visit our website.