So this morning I decided I would update my raspberry pi. seems there was a ton of firmware updates that needed to be installed in the new update so onward and forward I went with the sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade at first this was great when it was finished everything was still working fine. Then came the reboot on the system...uhoh no mouse no nothing going on everything was locked up besides the time and my cpu/ram/temp no keyboards or mice would work. I thought well I guess I can start removing one device at a time to see if it would fix the issue and give me some mouse movement back. Well that wasn't the case finally after a few hours of messing around I finally got it going.
What I had done was I inserted my micro sd card into my computer changed the cmdline.txt.bak to its original state as cmline.txt so I could boot off the sd card again. Since I have everything all saved in google drive I really wasn't worried about reinstalling everything but I knew it would take sometime and after a hour of messing around with the pi already I had to follow through and figure out if I could get everything working again.
Micro SD card booted next thing to do was to upgrade the system again this time running sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade then running reboot on the system to see if this method would give me more positive results and there it was a working system again with all the updates.
On to what I did to fix the boot on the SSD drive.
First thing I did was copied over all the stuff from the /boot folder over to my /media/pi/boot folder for some reason I had to assume something was going on there. next thing I did was I had to change the the cmdline.txt file back to boot from my SSD drive. (I did change the cmdline.txt in both sd and ssd) which changing the cmdline.txt file that I showed in Quick SD to SSD on the pi 4 was easy to do now It was onto the reboot.
Next up was the desktop that I remembered and then there we go everything was working again and the only thing I did once it was back up and running was I re-ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
And then I wrote this here for you just in case you too have a similar issue with the firmware/updates.