Raspberry Pi 5 Key Features:
Here are the tech specs for the brand new Raspberry Pi 5:
• 2.4GHz quad-core, 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU, with 512KB L2 caches and a 2MB shared L3 cache
• VideoCore VII GPU
• LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM (4GB and 8GB SKUs available at launch)
• 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi
• Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
• Micro SD card slot, with support for high-speed SDR104 mode
• 2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
• 2 × USB 2.0 ports
• Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires PoE+ HAT)
• 2 × 4 lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
• PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals
• 5V/5A DC power (PD enabled)
• Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin header
• Real-Time Clock (RTC), powered from external battery
• On-board power button!!
Raspberry Pi 5 Power Supply 27W USB-C PD (Power Delivery)
The new 27W USB-C PD (Power Delivery) Power Supply will deliver a maximum of 5.1V, 5A enabling the Raspberry Pi 5 to power a wider range of peripherals. The total power drawn from the four USB ports on the Raspberry Pi 5 is limited by default to a nominal 600mA; this limit is automatically increased to a nominal 1.6A when the USB-C PD Power Supply is detected.
The USB-C PD Power Supply is also capable of delivering 3A @ 9V, 2.25A @ 12V, and 1.8A @ 15V to PD-compatible products, making it a cost-effective power supply for many general-purpose, non-Raspberry Pi use cases.