Hi everyone, this is an update on the Raspberry pi development box I built to do my projects on.
Firs I will start with the newest additions to the box, the wifi capability, I got this mini wifi addapter for free on ebay rhanks to a paypal frequent user gift cupon, thanks paypal your the best.
The mini wifi addapter has a removable antena to better place it and to change it for a high gain antena or a signal booster to extend the range of reception, its very cool.
Then the lables on the box, I printed lables because I kept confusing my self every time I tryed to connect something to it cause Its hard to remember all the schematics on the connections this way everything is labled and organized and I dont have to go back to the diagrams to connect stuff.
I even added a wood wallpaper to make it look kind of retro like the arkade consoles or the first hom pcs, loks great to me.
As you can see Ive allready started to use it for simple experiments as I learn to write more complex stuff on phython.
And who could forget the arduino to complement the projects.
I used my old ipod shufle factory case to house the arduino, its a clear plastic box where the arduino uno fits perfectly I only had to drill the holes to put the connection on.
I then built a couple of circuit boards to redirect the headers from the arduino to a couple of 14 pin molex connections for a mutch easear connection to the proto and other circuit boards I have made, I even put a reset switch to reset the arduino directly on the side if nesesary, come in prety handy.
And the all indispensable logo of open hardware for the tikerer.
And finaly to put it all together I used an old plastic clipboard I had with no use, I placed all the components to make the best development kit for my personal necesity.
So there it is folks the development box rev 2.0, next Ill be adding a screen so I dont have to plug it in to a tv or monitor and possible a battery pack to power all up and not have to worry for an outlet.
I made a rectifier and battery switching circuit with a diode bridge and a pair of MR506 rectfier diodes to separate both power supplies and now the Rpi changes from power addapter to battery without restarting, it came along prety well.
And now placed inside the Rpi box along with the battery pack.
The only drawback that presented and I have suspected is that the extra diodes nock off 1.5 volts from the power of both battery and addapter so now I need a 7 volt minimum power supply to make it work making the Rpi and the arduino complatible with the same power source, so now the 7.2v nokia cellphone battery made by samsung that I have just collecting dust is starting to look great for this project box and it even has its own charger to connect so that can come in handy.
Ill let you guys know of any emprovements I make and projects I develop on this box.