|Technical Documents||Video||Features||Buying Options||Accessories|
The Model Portable Device Battery/Charger Simulator is optimized for use in testing mobile phones and other portable, battery-operated devices. When a device-under-test (DUT) transitions nearly instantaneously from a sleep or standby mode to the full power transmit state, the Model 's rapid response to load changes means there's little transient voltage drop from the programmed output voltage and the output recovers quickly. This fast response is particularly critical when testing portable devices with a pulsed mode of operation because it allows the device to perform properly while it's being tested. In contrast, the slow-responding source voltage typical of conventional products causes the DUT to perform improperly, leading to production yield problems and costly retesting.
The Model offers a complete solution for portable device sourcing and load current measurement. It has two independent power supply channels: one is optimized to simulate a battery; the second channel is optimized to perform like a charger for a rechargeable battery. The battery channel’s variable output resistance can be used to simulate the internal resistance of a battery so design and test engineers can simulate a battery’s output for testing devices under realistic operating conditions. This channel also sinks current to simulate a discharged battery. The charger channel can supply a voltage to test a portable device’s battery charge control circuitry, with the battery channel acting as the discharged battery load.
Key Applications: Automated test applications, ATE systems in R&D, design validation, and manufacturing.
|Application Library||Keithley: Software Code for Flashwizard version C12 (Windows 7, Vista, XP, Win2K, NT, ME, 98 Compatible)|
|Application Library||Keithley: Software Code for 23xx Native LabVIEW Driver version 1.0.0 for LV 2009|
|Application Library||Keithley: Software Code for 23xx Native LabVIEW Driver Version 1.0.0 for LV 8.0+|
- Specialized dual-channel power supply for design and testing of portable, battery-operated devices
- Ultra-fast response to pulsed load operation
- Speed-optimized command set reduces test times
- Variable output resistance for simulating an actual battery's output response
- Simulate a discharged battery and test charge control circuit performance with both a battery supply that can sink up to 3A and a charger supply
- Pulse peak, average, and baseline current measurements
- Integrating A/D converter for more precise measurements
- 100nA current measurement sensitivity
- Analog output for complete load current waveform characterization
- Catch production wiring problems immediately with open sense-lead detection
- Built-in digital voltmeter
- Four built-in digital control lines
- Isolation (Low - Earth) : 22VDC max. Do not exceed 60VDC between any two terminals of either connector
- Programming : IEEE-488.2 (SCPI)
- User-Definable Power-Up States : 4
- Rear Panel Connectors : Two 8-position quick disconnect terminal blocks.
- Temperature Coefficient (outside 23°C ±5°C) : Derate accuracy specification by (0.1 × specification)/°C
- Operating Temperature : 0° to 50°C (derate to 70%). 0° to 35°C (Full power)
- Storage Temperature : –20° to 70°C
- Humidity : <80% @ 35°C non-condensing.
- Display Type : 2-line × 16 character VFD.
- Remote Display/Keypad Option : Disables standard front panel.
- Dimensions : 89mm high × 213mm wide × 411mm deep (3½ in × 83⁄8 in × 163⁄16 in).
- Net Weight : 3.2kg (7.1 lbs).
- Shipping Weight : 5.4kg (12 lbs).
- Input Power : 100–120VAC/220–240VAC, 50 or 60Hz (auto detected at power-up).
- Power Consumption : 150VA max.
- EMC : Conforms with European Union Directive 2004/108/EC.
- Safety : Conforms with European Union Directive 2006/95/EC, EN 61010-1.
- AC Line Leakage Current : 450μA @ 110VAC, typ.; 600μA @ 220V, typical.
- PORT Relay Control Port : 4-channel, each capable of 100mA sink, 24V max. Total port sink capacity (all 4 combined) is 250mA max. Accepts DB-9 male plug. A source of +5VDC referenced to output common is also provided on the port to power external 5V relays.
|Model||Max. Power Output||Max. Voltage Output||Max. Current Output|
- CD with documentation
- Output connectors mating terminal (CS-846)
|IEEE-488 Interface Controller Cards||IEEE-488.2 Interface Board for the PCI bus|
|IEEE-488 Interface Board for the PXI bus|
|IEEE-488.2 USB-to-GPIB Interface Adapter for USB Port with built-in 2m (6.6ft) cable|
|IEEE-488 Interface Cables||Double Shielded Premium IEEE-488 Cable, 0.5m (1.6ft)|
|Double Shielded Premium IEEE-488 Cable, 1m (3.2ft)|
|Double Shielded Premium IEEE-488 Cable, 2m (6.5ft)|
|7007-3||Double Shielded Premium IEEE-488 Cable, 3m (10ft)|
|7007-4||Double Shielded Premium IEEE-488 Cable, 4m (13ft)|
|Rack Mount Kits||Single Fixed Rack Mount Kit|
|Dual Fixed Rack Mount Kit|
|Other Accessories||Remote Display|
|SC-182||Low Inductance Coaxial Cabl|