|BUY NOW||Technical Documents||Video||Features||Buying Options||Accessories|
The single-channel Model Battery Simulator and dual-channel Model Battery/Charger Simulator were designed specifically for development and test applications of portable, battery-operated products, such as cellular and cordless telephones, mobile radios, and pagers. These precision products have ultrafast transient response so they can have output characteristics identical to actual batteries. These supplies employ a unique variable output resistance so the voltage output can emulate a battery's response.
They provide stable voltage outputs, even when a device-under-test (DUT) makes the rapid transition from the standby (low current) state to the RF transmission (high current) state. In addition, they can monitor DUT power consumption by measuring both DC currents and pulse load currents. The Model 's and the Model 's battery-simulator channel can be programmed to operate like a discharged rechargeable battery, sinking current from a separate charger or from the Model 2306's charger-simulator channel.
The battery-output channels of the Models and are designed to simulate the output response of a battery. This capability, combined with their fast transient response, makes it possible to power the device during testing in exactly the same way as a battery will power the device during actual use. The output resistance of the Model ’s and the Model 2306’s battery channel can be programmed (with 10mΩ resolution) over the range from 0Ω to 1Ω so that the output resistance can be set to the same level as the output resistance of the battery that powers the device.
Key Applications: Automated test applications, ATE systems in R&D, design validation, and manufacturing.
|Application Library||Keithley: Software Code for 2302 or 2306 for Pulse Current Measurements|
|Application Library||Keithley: Software Code for 2302 or 2306 for Pulse Current Digitization|
Key features of / Series:
- Ultrafast response to transient load currents
- Choice of single- or dual-channel supplies
- Optimized for development and testing of battery-powered devices
- Variable output resistance for simulating battery response (U.S. Patent No. 6,204,647)
- Pulse peak, average, and baseline current measurements
- 100nA DC current sensitivity
- Current step measure function
- Sink up to 3A
- Open sense lead detection
- Built-in digital voltmeter
- Isolation (low–earth)
- 22V DC max. For Models , and , do not exceed 60V DC between any two terminals of either connector
- IEEE-488.2 (SCPI)
- User Definable Power Up States
- 5 (4 for Models and )
- Rear Panel Connectors
Two (one for Models , ) 8-position quick disconnect terminal block for output (4), sense (2), and DVM (2)
- Temperature Coefficient (outside 23°C ±5°C) - Derate accuracy specification by (0.1 × specification)/°C
- Operating Temperature : 0° to 50°C (Derate to 70%). 0° to 35°C (Full power)
- Storage Temperature : –20° to 70°C
- Humidity : <80% @ 35°C non-condensing
- Display Type : 2-line × 16-character VFD
- Remote Display/Keypad Option : Disables standard front panel.
- Dimensions : 89mm high × 213mm wide × 411mm deep (3½ in × 83 ⁄8 in × 163 ⁄16 in).
- Net Weight : 3.2kg (7.1 lbs)
- Shipping Weight : 5.4kg (12 lbs)
- Input Power : 100–120V AC/220–240V AC, 50 or 60Hz (auto detected at power-up)
- Power Consumption : 150VA max
- , : Conforms with European Union Directive 89/336/EEC, EN 55011, EN 50082-1, EN 61000-3-2 and 61000-3-3, FCC part 15 class B
- , :Conforms with European Union Directive 89/336/EEC
- , : Conforms with European Union Directive 73/23/EEC, EN 61010-1
- , : Conforms with European Union Directive 73/23/EEC
- AC Line Leakage Current : 450μA @ 110VAC, typ.; 600μA @ 220V, typ
- Relay Control Port : 4-channel, each capable of 100mA sink, 24V max. Total port sink capacity (all 4 combined) is 250mA max. Accepts DB-9 male plug.
|Model||Max. Power Output||Max. Voltage Output||Max. Current Output||No of Channels|
|60||15 V||3 A||1|
|50||15 V||3 A||2|
- User Manual
- Service Manual
- CS-846 Output Connectors Mating Terminal
|Cables||Shielded IEEE-488 Cable, 1m (3.3 ft)|
|Shielded IEEE-488 Cable, 2m (6.6 ft)|
|SC-182||Low-Inductance Coaxial Cable (42nH/ft)|
|Rack Mount Kits||Single Fixed Rack Mount Kit|
|Dual Fixed Rack Mount Kit|
|IEEE-488 Interfaces||IEEE-488 Interface/Controller for the PCI Bus|
|IEEE-488 USB-to-GPIB Interface Adapter|
|Other Accessories||Remote Display|
|CS-846||Mating Output Connector|