element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products
    Products
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum New product
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 23 replies
  • Subscribers 625 subscribers
  • Views 3519 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

New product

Rik
Rik over 3 years ago

I am an inventor I had a perfect idea so I designed and made it work the kinks out of it and has been operating now two years. It's time to get out here is my problem I have no clue how or even the finance to do anything 

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • javagoza
    javagoza over 3 years ago in reply to Rik

    How is this protected from the rains? I live in an area where all the recycling bins are underground but waterproof. To empty them, a crane truck extracts the container from the ground and opens it on the truck with a mechanism. I don't see how your design solves the rain problem.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Rik
    Rik over 3 years ago in reply to michaelkellett

    I like that Idea better sell it off to a bigger company 

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • michaelkellett
    michaelkellett over 3 years ago in reply to Rik

    It's not a bad idea !

    If you are in Auustralia my thoughts on what to do in the UK may be of limited use.

    If you are going to talk to money people you need to be sure your idea is protected before you start.

    In the UK I'd contact double glazing companies - because they have the infrastructure to market and install such a product. Installation is key here - I doubt if it's really a DIY product.

    Where I live (very rural SW Scotland) our problem is that we have to leave bins at the end of little tracks with1 - 10 houses and the bin lorry can't/won't drive up the track. The great gaggle of bins looks bad and attracts animals. But I can't see your system going in there due to power and other considerations.

    But in up-market conservation area type towny places - I think you could make some sales. The BIG effort is building the business.

    If I were you I'd be really happy to sell the patent to a big company for for the price of a decent (new) car and move on to the next idea.

    MK

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Rik
    Rik over 3 years ago in reply to Rik

    https://fb.watch/l7UlZsbCsr/?mibextid=Nif5oz

    Have a look at my page

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Rik
    Rik over 3 years ago in reply to dougw

    I am from Adelaide South Australia 

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Rik
    Rik over 3 years ago in reply to Jan Cumps

    Sure I can put a video up as soon as I can sorry for the delay 

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dougw
    dougw over 3 years ago

    Another place to look is government programs. In Canada there is an Industrial Research Assistance Program and there are usually small business development agencies and export development agencies, etc.

    There are any number of web site development services that will setup an online business.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • charlieo21
    charlieo21 over 3 years ago in reply to colporteur

    Good idea, algo there are place where you can find mentoring in entrepreneurship. I went to the Arduino day in Chicago this year, it was hosted in this place mHUB, they have a lot of good stuff for startups. 

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • colporteur
    colporteur over 3 years ago

    I'm not sure of your country of origin but this side of the pond talking to a bank doesn't cost you anything and may provide some ideas.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dougw
    dougw over 3 years ago

    Your funding options are:

    • the bank
    • venture capital
    • angel investor
    • crowd funding
    • friends and family
    • self funded

    It will take a lot of homework and careful attention to be successful with any of these sources.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
<>
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube