LED driver based on the LED6001 9-LED board with NTC sensor
The purpose of this product evaluation board is to provide an application example of a compact LED driver using the LED6001 chip. The board is equipped with a single-channel, constant-current LED driver operating with both boost and SEPIC topologies.
The brightness of the LED string connected to its output can be controlled through a PWM signal (0%-100% dimming) or a control voltage (10:1 analog dimming).Open LED, feedback disconnection, LED overcurrent and output-to-ground short-circuit (SEPIC only) faults are detected and managed.The board has been designed to provide a solution example for applications involving several LEDs arranged is a single string (e.g. off-grid street lighting, advertisement panels, signs, gaming, etc.).
The LED6001 device is a LED driver that combines a boost controller and a high-side current sensing circuitry optimized for driving one string of high-brightness LEDs. The device is compatible with multiple topologies such as boost, SEPIC and floating load buck-boost. The brightness of the LEDs can be controlled through PWM dimming and analog dimming (10:1 ratio) by means of two independent pins. Enhanced PWM dimming can be obtained thanks to a MOSFET in series with the LED string and directly driven by a dedicated pin.
- Indoor and architectural LED lighting
- Emergency LED lighting
- Off-grid LED street lighting
- White goods
- Gaming/gambling machines
- Wide DC input voltage: 6 V-24 V
- Single channel, 350 mA constant-current output with PWM brightness control
- Up to 10 high-brightness white LEDs (40 V OVP threshold)
- Selectable boost or SEPIC converter topology
- Up to 92% efficiency (boost converter)
- Onboard photo-transistor for ambient light switch function
- LED temperature protection through analog dimming control