Utilizing git, bash, and TCL (Tool Control Language) in a Linux Environment and the Avnet Ultra96-V2 Single Board Computer
Join Tom Curran, an engineer with Avnet, for a free course on PetaLinux and how to get setup using Linux on an Ultra96-V2 board. PetaLinux provides a complete, reference Linux distribution that has been integrated and tested for Xilinx devices. All PetaLinux Board Support Packages (BSP) include pre-configured boot loaders, system images and bitstream.
Avnet maintains dozens of git repositories, and many of them are devoted to Xilinx and Linux development. Using existing TCL (Vivado) and bash (Linux) scripts, this course will examine how a beginner can experiment with using these repositories for building a known-good hardware platform and Linux OS image using the Xilinx Vivado and PetaLinux tools targeting the Avnet Ultra96-V2 board.
What You Will Learn In This Webinar:
- Understand what PetaLinux is and how to use it
- Learn how to set up Ultra96-V2 to boot and use Linux
- Explore the best avenues to get started with git, PetaLinux, and Ultra96-V2
This webinar is free to attend. If you would like to follow along you can purchase the kit below:
The Ultra96-V2 updates and refreshes the Ultra96 product that was released in 2018. Like Ultra96, the Ultra96-V2 is an Arm-based, Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ ™ MPSoC single board computer based on the Linaro 96Boards Consumer Edition (CE) specification. Ultra96-V2 is available in more countries around the world as it has been designed with a certified radio module from Microchip. Additionally, Ultra96-V2 is available in both commercial and industrial temperature grade options. Additional power control and monitoring is possible with the included Infineon PMICs.
- Avnet HDL git HOWTO (Vivado 2020.1 and earlier)
- Using Avnet Build Scripts to Build a PetaLinux BSP (2019.2 and earlier)
- Recent Fixes to PetaLinux QEMU Boot for Avnet SOMs and SBCs
- How to Register and Attend a Webinar or view On-Demand Recording