Phil from the element14 Community talks you through how to set up the BeagleBone AI
There are 3 easy ways to set up the BeagleBone AI, You can plug it into your computer using a USB Type C cable, Connect to the BeagleBone AI's Wireless hotspot or set it up stand alone by plugging it into a Screen, Keyboard and Mouse.
Have you got your new BeagleBone AI? Then lets begin!
Setting up the BeagleBone AI Via USB Type-C and a Windows or Mac OSX computer.
1. Connect a USB Type-C cable to BeagleBone AI USB Type-C port.
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the PC USB 3.0 port.
3. BeagleBone AI will boot.
4. Look for a new mass storage drive to appear on the PC.
5. Open the drive and open START.HTM with your web browser.
Note: For the latest online instructions, troubleshooting tips and support go to:
Chrome or Firefox web browsers are recommended.
Setting up the BeagleBone with a Keyboard, Mouse and Screen.
Connect a combo keyboard and mouse to BeagleBone AI’s USB
2. Connect an micro-HDMI cable to the board.
3. Connect the micro-HDMI-to-HDMI cable to an HDMI monitor.
4. Plug a USB Type-C power supply into BeagleBone AI’s USB Type-C port.
5. BeagleBone AI will boot. No need to enter any passwords.
6. Desktop will appear on the monitor. Click the “Getting Started” icon
Setting up the BeagleBone Via Wireless Hotspot.
1. Plug a USB Type-C power supply into BeagleBone AI’s USB Type-C port.
2. BeagleBone AI will boot.
3. Connect your PC’s WiFi to SSID “BeagleBone-XXXX” where XXXX varies
for your BeagleBone AI.
4. Use password “BeagleBone” to complete the WiFi connection.
5. Open http://192.168.8.1 in your web browser. Note: 6. Follow the instructions in the browser window.