Just an update
Again, this is just a short update on BoosterPack that was created for this project, nothing too much.
I got some time to make the magnetometer less affected by the motors by detaching it from the BoosterPack and making a pole to host it.
Also, I painted the BoosterPack black so it now looks more like the rest of my tricopter.
I used balsa wood to make the pole and paint it using a black car repair spray.
Balsa wood joint was reinforced using a small insert that connects two wood pieces:
Table tennis ball was used to protect the magnetometer:
After the paint and zip-tie work is done this is what I ended up with:
LaunchPad and LED ring are now mounted. The only thing still missing from the Tricopter are the headlights and TPS92512EVM board. I still have a couple more days to do that and make a video of a test flight.
Last night I made a short test with 50% charged battery and it looks nice. Battery alert also works now (before this readiest, I had to land the tricopter earlier than it was necessary to make sure I don't crash-land, now I will know when I still have enough power to fly)
That's it for today, my next update on TPS92512 and Würth Elektronik LEDs will soon follow.